Wednesday 29 January 2014

Winter

I'm sitting at the desk with books all around me, watching the children sledging or skating. Finally we have winter! I like this season, except of freeze and short days. Also it could be dangerous walking on the ice, because in some places it's really slippery. And, the worst thing, I can't practise jogging :(.

On the other side, during the winter a landscape is really marvellous, especially in mountains. When I was younger I used to walking with my grandparents in the evenings, it was amazing watching all the snow lying on treetops.
When I come home after lectures, I brew myself a hot tea to warm me. I like this feeling.
For children winter is kind of fun, they can make snowmen, throw snowballs, make 'angels' on the snow. But I'm not so sure who has more fun- kids or their parents ;)

I'd like to present you winter in my hometown, Bydgoszcz. Ok, I should better say- on the suburbs. These fotos were taken a few years ago, now it looks much different. A protagonist is my dog, Dino. (unfortunately he's no longer with us)











3 comments:

  1. to be honest, I HATE winter. I could sleep through all this season...the only thing I like in this period, it's a cup of hot chocolate after a walk in this cold..by the way, my home town is near to yours - I brought up in Inowrocław :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice landscape :) Personally, I like winter, but only if I have a chance to skiing. If not, I hate it exactly like Monika does - it's cold and dark outside, a hat ruins my hair and I can't find my dog (which is completely white) on the snow. And it's not true, that Poles complaint a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my dog's name is also Dino :)) And I live in Toruń but I have a family which lives next to Bydgoszcz. ;) What's the exactly name of your hometown?

    ReplyDelete