Thursday 7 November 2013

Jane Austen

Today we're gona move to 1775, a year when Jane Austen was born. Her books are differetns than those of 2 previos authors. She wrote romantic fiction and an action took place in mansions or in castles. What I like in her books? First of all, I like descriptions of customs and clothes. I'm fascinating with the culture and style of living in XVIIIth and XIXth centuries. And also I like the way she describes adventures of main caracters.

Manfield Park was the first novel of Jane I've read.It's about a girl, Fanny Price, who is taken from her poor family to be raised by her uncle and aunt. She lives there with her 4 cousins, but only one of them, Edmund, takes care of her. Unfortunately, Fanny fall in love with him.
Few years later a family, to be precise brother and sister,  Crawford buy a mansion near Mansfield Park. From that time a situation of Fanny and her family starts to become more and more difficult. I don't want to arite details, what I can say is that these problems are connected with love. I really recommend this novel to everyone who likes reading about love in XIXth century :)

Pride and Prejudice was written in 1813. Elizabeth Benner, a main caracter, has a astong relationship with her father and her sister, Jane. She fall in love with Mr Darcy, a wealty owner of the family estate of Pemberley in Derbyshire, but first they are forced to spend time with each other and they have to force their prejudices.

These 2 books are my favorites, but Jane Austen has written much more, for example, Emma, sense and sensibility, Persuasion, Northaner Abbey. I haven't read them all but they're waiting in my bookcase till February, when all the exams from winter session will be passed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment