Thursday 14 November 2013

Tolkien- an author for all generations

He everybody!

Today I want to mantion J.R.R. Tolkien- an author whose book 'The Hobbit' started my love for books. I've never liked reading before, but when my friend borrowed me this book I've been reading almost without break. Then I went to library and bought all volumes of 'The lord of the rings', which now occupy a main place in my bookcase.


John Ronald Reuel Tolkien was an English wroter, poet, philologist and university professor. In 2008 he was ranked by The times as a sixth on a list of "The 50 greatest British writers since 1945". His books belongs to fantasy, e.g. The Hobbit, a trylogy The Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion.

The Hobbit is a fantasy novel. It describes adventures of Bilbo Baggins, a hobbit, Gandalf, a wizard, and a group of dwarves, who begin a journey to find a ring. Also we can learn about other types of creatures, such as elves, trolls or goblins.

The Lord of the Rings is a trylogy ( volumes: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, The Return of the King) when we can read about adventures of Frodo Baggins and four others hobbits which are travelling with a company of Aragorn, a human, Legolas, an elf and Gimli, a dwarf. In their journey they have to overcome many troubles, many times they have to risk their lives. What really interested me in these books are words, also sentences, written in elves language.

I really recommend Tolkien's books. I haven't read his ther stories yet, but maybe somebody can share his opinion?



1 comment:

  1. It turns out that the best thing is to have a friend who can lend you a reeaally good book :)

    ReplyDelete