Sunday 6 April 2014

Spain- my second homeland

Hi everyone :)

Today I'd like to write a bit about Spain-the most beautiful country (for me at least). I fell in love with Spain, but I don't know why, it's something inexplicable. I like it's culture, history, language. I have been there three times and I have many good memories. I'dlike to present you two of my favourite cities in Spain.

1.Toledo

 It's located on a mountaintop, surrounded by the Tagus River. There are many places to visit, such as the Alcazar, the cathedral and a central market place named the Zocodover.
Toledo was known for religious tolerance. Today there are many religious monuments, for example the Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca, the Synagogue of El Transito, the church od San Sebastian or Mosque of Cristo de la Luz.
In the 13th century Toledo was a major cultural centre guided byb Alfonso X El Sabio.
The Cathedral of Toledo combines characterisctics of the Mudejar style. We can find there many figures of stucco, paintings, bronze castings and a masterpiece of Narciso Tome.
There are two bridges which provide access to Tolero acros the river, the Alcantara bridge and San Martin bridge.
If we want to taste a bit of the deliciuos cuisine, I recommend tortilla a la magra or cochifrito. And for a dessert marzipan (mazapan de Toledo), which has a Protected Graphical Indication.



2. Madrid

 A capital and also the largest city of Spain. It's the political, economic and cultural centre of Spain.
What's worth seeing there?

The Prado Museum- is one of the most visited museums in the world. It contains collections pf Goya, Velazquez, El Greco, Rubens and many others. We can find there around  7,600 paintings, 1,000 sculptures, 4,800 prints and 8,200 drawings.

The Reina Sofia Museum- it's the Spain's national museum of 20th- century art. We can find there collections of , for example, Pablo Picasso and Salvador Dali. The most famous masterpiece is ''Guernica'' painted by Picasso.









 






1 comment:

  1. I have never been in Spain, but it's on my list! I would love to go there one day! I hope I will see all these places which you wrote about! :)

    ReplyDelete