Thursday 27 March 2014

The polish healthcare...

Today I want to write not about my hobbies, but about my objections. It's all about the weather outside ;)

Recently I had a couple of bad experiences with healthcare (who doesn't have them?).  For example, how is it possible that in Poland people have to wait months or even years for visit at a doctor? I mean visits from NFZ, because if we pay we can go even at the same day. And what about surgeries? I've heard that I'll have a surgery at 2019, because they don't have money now. If I had know earlier I'd have booked it 5 years ago...

Other things are sick bays at hospitals. Last week I had to wait nearly 5 hours because doctors didn't seem to hurry up. What's the worst- I've spent the first day of spring there... At least I don't have to wear plaster cast, which I was afraid of (a consequence od spring jogging, watch out for curbs, they could be really dangerous!).

Ok, that's all. Do you have any problems with healthcare? If no, you're lucky ;)

2 comments:

  1. Personally I haven't had a problem with healthcare (lucky me!), but on Monday my grandma is going to have a knee surgery and she had to wait for it 2 years!!! It's ridiculous! If she would have done it privately she had to paid 10 thousand złoty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a good way to open the spring season :/ It's so frustrating when you have to give up your fitness routine because of an injury! Watch out for those treacherous curbs indeed :)

    ReplyDelete