Saturday 31 May 2014

Dublin

Last year I've been to Ireland, to visit my cousin and his family. They live in a semi-detached house about 40 km from the capital, in Rush. It's a small lovely village near to the seashore, so it's great place for long walks with their one-year-old daughter.
I really enjoyed a week which I spent there. We have visited some interesting places, but here I'd like to write about Dublin. It was the first time I've been there, but now I know I'll go there more often :)

Dublin is the capital of Ireland and belongs to the province of Leinster.  The city is listed by the Globalization and World Cities Research Network  as a global city, and I've to admit that it's really good comunicated even with the vilages, f. ex. from Rush we could tahe a fast train to Dublin. And it wasn't as standard as we have in our dear PKP, it was far much better!

Some places which I recommend to visit in Dublin:

Grafton Street- is one of the two principal shopping streets in Dublin city centre. There are many ''famous'' people which we can find almost every day, for example, John Nee, a storyteller or Rodrigo y Gabriela (no, it's not a mistake, they're called so), a Mexican guitar duo. There is also Roadmage,
a street magic act created by magician and entertainer Owen Lean. And if you're hungry, you could eat some Irish dishes, such as:








Guiness- maybe I'm not a beer-enthusiast, but I really enjoy visiting this brewery. It's huge, so it takes much time to see every corner of it. There we can learn about the history, see some instuments required in a beer production and taste some dishes prepared with Guiness beer. And in the end we can drink an original Guiness, it's included in a ticket price. We can also buy some souvenirs of corse.







Natural History Museum- my favourite :) There we can find many species of animals, that's why it is also called ''dead zoo'' (personally I prefer the first name). Here are some examples (sometimes they loos so realistic than I thought there were alive!):







 Finally, when I was at the airport, I've met such a lovely potato :)


2 comments:

  1. Ireland sounds really nice... :) I must go there one day

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friends is going to study in Dublin, so maybe it would be a good opportunity to see this city? who knows...:)

    ReplyDelete