Tuesday 13 May 2014

World Press Photo

This year I had a chance to view the World Press Photo exhibition in Zamek in Poznań. Maybe I'm not a art expert, but some of photos really intrigued me. I'd like to present one of them.


This photo was made by Julie McGuire and is titled ''Street Dogs''

Why I've chosen this one? First, because I really like animals, but I've written about it some time ago. What's more, it was taken in a house of a woman who set up an asylum for dogs, now she gives shelter for about 250 dogs.

I admire people who sacrifice their life to help others, no matter animals or human, but the most important is to help creatures in need. We can see that this woman alloted much space for dogs. They are everywhere, destroing all around them. It must be really hard tackle with such a number of animals, but I'm sure that she obtain much love and friendship in exchange. I believe that dogs are human's best friends.

An exhibition will be in Zamek till the end of May, I recommend to visit it. There are fantastic and impressive photos.

2 comments:

  1. I think that I'll go this Sunday to see the exhibition

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought it was a painting! Luckily the dogs don't seem unhappy or undernourished - they look like a gang getting ready for action! ;)

    ReplyDelete